When a skill has a shelf life of 2-3 years, the level of job change employees face through their long careers is astronomical, says Todd Moran, Chief Learning Strategist at NovoEd. An emphasis on employee upskilling and skill building should absolutely be a focal point for employers.
Todd, hosted by Brandon Hall Group’s Rachel Cooke and Michael Rochelle, expands on this idea in this episode of HCMx Radio 178: Upskilling & Reskilling at Scale.
- Skills vs. capabilities, and the criticality of individual and organizational capabilities
- Moving beyond content (even if personalized) as a proxy for learning
- Anchoring around focused, contextual and experiential learning experiences that align with business and individual goals
- The importance of alignment, connection and context in learning experience for large enterprises with geographically distributed, hybrid workforces
- Where do we go from here — post-pandemic and beyond?
More about the Brandon Hall Group podcast can be found here.