We’ve all seen it happen: The germ of a good idea becomes a victim of its own success. A fad is born.
When it happens in L&D, the result often no longer does justice to the underlying pedagogical concept, or the learning science behind it. In this Brandon Hall Group HCMx Radio podcast, NovoEd VP of Development Charlie Chung describes some of these fads, buzzwords, and even “zoom and doom” — and how to get back to basics.
Listen to or watch the podcast’s Episode 189, Why Corporate L&D Is So Susceptible to Fads, hosted by Brandon Hall COO and Chief Analyst Rachel Cooke.
Additional topics include:
- The powerful concepts behind microlearning, personalized learning, reinforcement and social learning
- Point solutions versus suites
- Higher-level skills and fact-based recall
- The paradox of choice and cognitive overload, and the move toward minimalism
- New roles for learning leaders, and the future of AI
More about the Brandon Hall Group podcast can be found here.