This course demystifies venture capital deals and startup financing to give both first-time and experienced entrepreneurs a definitive guide to secure funding. Taught by renowned venture capitalists Brad Feld and Jason Mendelson, partners at the Foundry Group and authors of Venture Deals, the course reveals the secrets behind how venture financings really work. Feld, a well-known speaker and author of several books in the Startup Revolution series, began financing technology startups in the early 1990s, first as an angel and later as an institutional investor.
In the class forums, you will have exclusive opportunities to ask Brad Feld detailed questions about specific investment strategies. In addition, you can engage Feld and other celebrated investors in live chats held weekly during the six week course. You will be making connections and collaborating with an international network of entrepreneurs and classmates, learning strategies that will help you take your pitch or deal to the next level. Whether you're looking for financing for your venture, or looking to fund an entrepreneur, you'll get smarter about the process by taking Venture Deals.
This course will enable you to:
- Directly ask Brad Feld venture questions online
- Participate in live chats with Brad Feld and other celebrated investors
- Network with entrepreneurs and financiers from around the world with whom you will work with on real projects
- Get a firm grasp of how venture capital deals and other financings come together
- Find the right VC for your company
- Learn strategies for getting the best deal possible
- Learn how to structure financings using term sheets, capitalization tables, and syndication all with the goal of minimizing risks.
You will work in virtual teams and gain leadership and assessment skills you can apply to your own fundraising strategies for your business. Designed by experienced venture capitalists for new and professional entrepreneurs, the six week curriculum will improve your ability to consummate a transaction in venture capital financing while avoiding common mistakes.
See what previous students say about Venture Deals:
“The Google Hangouts are priceless. And Brad Feld has been outstanding on this course.”
“A course at a university would have charged $2,000 to $3,000 and likely not have the caliber of instructors.”
In addition to professionals wanting to enter the venture capital field and entrepreneurs looking to raise venture capital funding, this course also benefits anyone who wants to learn more about financing, including lawyers, accountants, angel investors, bankers, policy makers, regulators and educators.