This course will demystify venture capital deals and startup financing to give both first-time and experienced entrepreneurs a definitive guide to secure funding. Taught by renowned venture capitalists Brad Feld and Jason Mendelson, partners at the Foundry Group and authors of Venture Deals, the course reveals the secrets behind how venture financings really work. Feld, a well-known speaker and author of several books in the Startup Revolution series published by John Wiley & Sons, began financing technology startups in the early 1990s, first as an angel and later as an institutional investor.
You will have direct contact with Brad Feld through a question and answer forum on the class site as well as opportunities to ask "real time" questions on video hangouts featuring Feld and other prominent VCs.
In this course, together with an international network of entrepreneurs, you will learn the best strategies for getting a fair deal. While learning, you will be making connections with your classmates that can help take your pitch or deal to the next level. Whether you're looking for financing for your venture, or looking to fund an entrepreneur, you'll get smarter about the process by taking Venture Deals.
In addition to professionals wanting to enter the venture capital field and entrepreneurs looking to raise venture capital funding, this course also benefits anyone who wants to learn more about financing, including lawyers, accountants, angel investors, bankers, policy makers, regulators and educators.
This course will enable you to:
- Network with entrepreneurs and financiers from around the world with whom you will work with on real projects
- Get a firm grasp of how venture capital deals and other financings come together
- Participate in video hangouts with Brad Feld and other prominent VCs and ask them questions directly
- Find the right VC for your company
- Learn the strategies for getting the best deal possible
- Determine what's negotiable and what's not in a venture deal
- Structure financings using term sheets, capitalization tables, and syndication all with the goal of minimizing risks.
You will learn by doing in this online course. You will work in virtual teams and gain leadership and assessment skills you can apply to your own fundraising strategies for your business. Designed by experienced venture capitalists for new and professional entrepreneurs, the seven week curriculum will improve your ability to consummate a transaction in venture capital financing while avoiding common mistakes. Our team-based exercises allow for substantial interaction with other students and the opportunity to build a network of fellow entrepreneurs from around the world.