Aimed at a general business audience, this course provides an overview of a wide range of additive manufacturing technologies and offers a framework to help learners understand the business implications of these technologies. The course is relevant for professionals working in product design, manufacturing, supply chain, strategy, and other disciplines. Through the course, participants will build a knowledge base on additive manufacturing to help them engage in discussions with colleagues, customers, and suppliers about how the technology applies to their business.
Participants will explore many topics in this course including:
- What is additive manufacturing? Learn the processes and technologies that fall under the AM umbrella and gain an understanding of where they fit within the universe of manufacturing technologies.
- How will AM impact my business? Explore a framework based on economic principles that helps explain how AM will influence product and supply chain evolution.
- What is happening in key sectors impacted by AM? Understand the current and potential uses of AM in sectors including medical technology, automotive, and aerospace & defense, and learn how you can analyze your own industry and company to define a path forward with AM
- What factors influence the business case for AM? Explore the key dynamics and general factors you should consider when building a business case for AM.
The course consists of approximately 2.5 hours of video content divided into approximately six-minute mini lectures. Quizzes allow you to check and consolidate your knowledge. And assignments reviewed by peers can take you deeper and give you practical information to take back to your job.
- "I am new to the [additive manufacturing] industry and I wanted to be able to service my clients in a responsible and knowledgeable way--thank you for this opportunity."
- "It was wonderful to hear from you about the history of additive manufacturing processes and the its future prospects. I really believe we are at the threshold of another industrial revolution!"